What is semaglutide for weight loss?
Semaglutide is an FDA approved once weekly under the skin injection that:
- Reduces appetite and food cravings while increasing feeling of fullness
- Lowers weight, waist size, blood pressure, blood sugar, and inflammation
- Majority of patients had at least 15% weight loss, with many losing more than 20%This treatment is a particularly good fit for you if you are looking for a long term solution, you have taken phentermine or another stimulant medication (like ADHD meds) before, and/or you need to lose more than 10-15 lbs
Am I a good fit for this medication?
Semaglutide is a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a long term solution
- You have taken phentermine or another stimulant medication (like ADHD meds) before
- You need to lose more than 10-15 lbs
You can not be treated with semaglutide if you have:
- Medullary Thyroid cancer
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia
- Type 1 Diabetics
- Type 2 diabetics already taking a GLP-1 medication
- History of pancreatitis
- Chronic kidney disease (unless cleared by nephrologist)
- Nursing, Pregnant, or trying to get pregnant
How long does it take to start noticing results?
While many do notice weight loss by the 2nd week, you may not start losing weight until 6-8 weeks of treatment. You will start this treatment with low doses and increase slowly to avoid negative side effects. It takes 9-16 weeks to be at the full dose/strength.
Does insurance cover the cost?
While insurance does not cover the cost of most medical weight loss plans, our cost covers the follow up visit as well as the medication for the month.
To learn more about semaglutide for weight loss, call Peridot Primary Care or schedule an appointment online today.